To meet the growing demand of these markets, Saint-Gobain is expanding the World Glass Complex at Sriperumbudur in Tamil Nadu with an additional investment of Rs. 1000 Crores over the next two years taking the cumulative investment in the facility to over Rs. 3000 Crores. These investments will add significant manufacturing capacity and capabilities to the World Glass Complex.
New Investments in the World Glass Complex, Sriperumbudur are for:
- A new floatglass plant: the third floatglass plant on this site which will be the largest in India and the Region, and will be equipped to manufacture a wide range of complex products that cater to the needs of sustainable habitat and affordable luxury. It will be an automated, energy efficient, scalable and flexible, state-of-the-art integrated glass facility. The plant will feature several innovative processes that are being deployed for the first time in India and the Region. In line with Saint-Gobain’s commitment to sustainable development, the facility will incorporate several innovations contributing to sustainability and will be a benchmark for green manufacturing practices
- A new magnetron coater plant: keeping in mind the global trends, Saint-Gobain will be investing in a second magnetron coater facility. With this, the World Glass Complex will have the capacity to manufacture 144 million sq ft of High-Performance, High-Selective, Energy-Efficient Glass catering to entire Africa, Middle-East, ASEAN, Oceania region. It will accelerate Saint-Gobain’s vision to develop the World Glass Complex at Sriperumbudur as a regional resource for catering to the needs of international clients.
These investments will accelerate Saint-Gobain’s momentum in realizing its Vision of being the Clear Choice for Glass Solutions in India and the region.
Saint-Gobain’s glass manufacturing facilities in South India are housed in the World Glass complex at Sriperumbudur, near Chennai. The World Glass Complex has, since inception in the year 2000, seen a succession of investments totalling to over Rs 2000 crores. These investments have helped the facility grow into an integrated, international-quality, innovative manufacturing site which produces end-to-end glass solutions for customers in architectural and automotive segments in India and export markets.
Enquire Now for Glass
Currently the World Glass Complex houses the following facilities –
- Two float glass plants with a cumulative capacity of 1500 tons.
- Automotive processing lines for 1.2 Million car sets.
- A 50 million Sq Feet State-of-the-art eco-friendly Mirror and Lacquered Line.
- A 60 million Sq Feet Magnetron Coater line for High Selective, Energy Efficient Glass
- State of the art Glass solutions facility for safety and security needs.
Over the last decade, backed by strong and consistent Tamil Nadu Government, focused bureaucracy that met all the MoU commitments and the excellent human resources of Tamil Nadu, the World Glass Complex has evolved to be amongst the best and most integrated glass facilities anywhere in the world.
Saint-Gobain’s Glass business in India, manufactures a wide variety of flat glass products and solutions. It started operations in the year 2000 with the commissioning of its first float glass plant. Since then it has rapidly expanded, invested over Rs 3500 crores and deepened its presence in the Indian Flat Glass Market. Today Saint-Gobain is considered as a strong Technology and Market Leader shaping the industry with wide range of advanced products and solutions with a unique pan-India manufacturing footprint with plants in Bhiwadi, Rajasthan (greenfield investment started in March 2014), Jhagadia, Gujarat (acquisition in May 2011) & Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu (started in May 2000).