Silicone sealants are very versatile in their applications but they are not recommended for some applications like:
Post your Requirement
- Joints which can be subjected to physical abuse or abrasion
- They should be avoided in areas where there might be prolonged water immersion
- They should not be used in areas where building materials might release oils, plasticizers, or solvents
- Totally confined spaces, as silicone requires atmospheric moisture in order to fully & properly cure.
- They are not used in the manufacture of insulated glass units unless specified.
When it is used as a sealant, silicon poses a problem to the user when it comes to maintenance of exterior materials, which are sealed using silicon products. Nothing can stick on the sealant, so the sealed surface cannot be repainted or stained. When the sealant is completely cured, it is also difficult to remove.
Enquire Now for Insulated Glass