Laminate sheets are man made sheets which are used to provide a decorative finish to furniture surfaces. They can also be used to create aesthetically appealing flooring and countertops. Solid wood furniture or wooden flooring may not be affordable for you. Thus, laminate sheets become the best option to get an impression of a decorative wooden surface without actually using wood. For example, Laminated Plywood Sheets. Decorative laminate sheets are hard and brittle and have a decorative surface made of decorative printed paper. The decorative surface comes in a plethora of textures, colours and patterns.
There is no dearth of various kinds of Laminate Sheets available in the market. Some of them have been discussed here.
Types of Laminate Sheet
1. High Pressure Laminate
In case of a High Pressure Laminate sheet, the decorative paper is attached to the brown paper and translucent paper under high pressure. HPL sheet is attached to the surface of the plywood when the furniture is being made. HPL sheet is very durable in nature and is capable of withstanding heavy loads.
2. Low Pressure Laminate
In case of Low Pressure Laminate sheet, the decorative paper is soaked in melamine and is directly attached to the particle board or fiber board under low pressure.
3. Regular Laminate Sheets
The thickness of regular laminate sheets range between 0.6mm and 1.5mm. These sheets are attached to plywood or any other substrate by using common adhesives such as Fevicol.
4. Compact Laminate Sheets
The thickness of compact laminate sheets range between 3mm and 30mm. Compact laminate sheets do not require adhesives to attach to the substrate because they are self supporting. The decorative surfaces of such laminate sheets are present on the top and bottom sides.
5. Decorative Laminate Sheets
Decorative laminate sheets are used to provide decorative finish to wooden furniture. These sheets are 1mm in thickness and are hard. They are commonly used for decorating home furniture in order to improve the aesthetic appeal of the living and other rooms. A wide selection of designs, textures and colours are available in the market.
6. Industrial Laminate Sheets
Industrial laminate sheets are more practical in nature and are suitable for use in hospitals, factories, industrial establishments and other commercial locations. Industrial laminate sheets are highly durable and exhibit high resistance against wear and tear. They are also highly resistant against fire, chemicals and bacteria.
Laminate sheets can also be categorized according to the type of surface finish. The various types of laminate sheets designs with respect to surface finish are as follows.
- Solid Coloured- The laminate sheet is of a single solid colour. This is a common type of laminate sheet widely used in kitchen countertops and bathroom vanities.
- Gloss finished- This type of laminate sheet imparts a glossy appearance to the furniture. Such kind of laminate sheets are widely used in restaurants and hotels.
- Textured- Textured laminate sheet enables you to actually feel the texture and pattern on touching the surface. A realistic appearance of wood, natural stone, metal or other material is imparted to the furniture through both sight and touch.
- Matt finished- The laminate sheet has a flat finished surface which provides a matt appearance to the furniture surface. This kind of laminate sheet is ideal for furniture used in corporate offices where a stylish but sophisticated appearance is necessary.
- Wood grain- Wood grain laminate sheets appear like real wood surfaces. They are commonly used for wooden laminate floorings. Wood grain laminates come in both hardwood and softwood designs.
Laminate Sheets Price List
The Laminate Sheets price can be cheap, moderate or expensive. Since there are huge varieties of laminate sheets available in the market, there are many options for everyone with different budgets. The laminate price depends upon the type of sheet you are looking for and size of sheets you require. You can make a laminate sheets price list by comparing the prices on various websites to get the best deal.
The Best Laminates in india are made by Sunmica, GreenLam Laminate and Century.