Plywood is a type of construction material that is made up of thin layers of real wood that are glued together. Plywood is quite popular in the construction industry and has a huge range of applications. In fact, plywood is considered best in strength in comparison to other wood-based products. Plywood is easily available in the market that is highly used in household and office furniture.
They are three major grades of plywood available in the market; they are MR grade, BWR grade, and marine or BWP grade.
What is MR plywood?
The first grade of plywood that is available in the market is MR grade. The letters MR stands for Moisture Resistant plywood. MR grade plywood is otherwise called as commercial grade plywood. It is an important factor to know the different types of plywood available in the market. Every type of plywood has a different application based on the grade and manufacturing process. Hence it is an absolute necessity to know and have sound knowledge on its application. Understanding the properties and features of plywood is a necessity in making the right choice for your purpose.
Features of an MR grade plywood
MR grade plywood is known for its moisture resistance plywood, which means they have good resistance towards moisture and humidity. Moisture resistance feature of plywood does not necessarily mean it is waterproof.
- MR grade plywood price is lesser when compared to other grades of plywood that are available in the market.
- MR grade plywood is indoor grade and cannot be used for outdoor construction. In order to achieve this grade, it must fulfill standards as prescribed by the government. IS 303 is designated stipulation number for MR grade plywood.
- The fitting capacity of MR grade plywood is high. They can hold screws and nails in place for a longer period of time, making it durable.
- When it comes to the weight of plywood under MR grade is light. This feature of plywood makes it easier to transport and handle. Greenply MR grade plywood is one of the leading manufactures available in the market.
- Ease of working with MR grade plywood makes it preferable among carpenters. No specialized tool or machinery is used in making furniture out of MR grade plywood.
Application of MR grade Plywood
MR grade is best suited for interior furniture making. MR cabinet furniture is the most common application of this grade. However, they are used to make furniture in the parts of the home where water or moisture content is low such as a living room or office room.
Commercial MR Grade plywood is used in making simple furniture like bookshelves and shoe racks. Not all commercial plywood is MR grade. Even under the category of MR, the types of plywood differ in terms of quality. Higher the quality the better the strength of MR grade plywood.
When it comes to the purpose of plywood the first question that arises is the budget. Greenply MR Grade plywood price is not costly; they are available at the same price as regular wooden planks. However, use this plywood in such areas where exposure to moisture elements is less. Using MR grade plywood helps you built furniture that is durable and within your budget.
MR Grade plywood Price List
|Types of MR Grade Plywood
|Create Wood Brown MR Grade Plywood
||Rs 16/Square Feet
|Greenply MR Grade Plywood
||Rs 33.84/Square Feet
|Brown BWR Grade Plywood, Thickness: 18 mm
||Rs 52/Square Feet
|Rectangular MR Grade Plywood, Thickness: 18 mm
||Rs 34/Square Feet
|MR Grade Plywood, Size: 8 x 4 feet
||Rs 30/Square Feet
|Moisture Resistant Plywood, Thickness: 12 mm
||Rs 26/Square Feet
|Greenply Brown Plywood, Thickness: 12 mm
||Rs 66.76/Square Feet