What is wood paneling?
Wood wall panelling is an exterior or interior wood cover prepared from wood. The wood wall panelling is done to give a rich, modern and smooth look to the walls while to also insulate the walls. The wood panelling method is used to facilitate more comfort and décor to walls. The wood panels are available in glossy or matte finish as per the requirement of the customers. Wood interior wall panelling is done to clad the inner walls of a house or building with a decorative and polished wood coating while wood cladding for exterior walls is done to give a rich and glorious entrance to residential buildings/ commercial buildings.
Post your Requirement
Enquire Now for Wooden Cladding
Step by step process for installation guide on interior and exterior wood wall panelling
Installing a wooden wall panel requires a lot of precious and correct measurements. It is a step by step process you need to perform for getting the best results. You will have to start from the corner and then continue with the middle section for proper cladding/panelling.
Here are the steps you need to follow for wood wall panelling:
- Estimate the rough of panels that will be required for panelling. Take measurements while checking the circumference of the room and dividing it by four. Cut out the doors and window areas from the panelling.
- Check the current condition of your walls. You need to check whether the wall is in capable of bearing the new cladding or not. Scratch your nails and check the porous form of the wall.
- If your walls are not even and smooth, you can add furring strips to level the wall. This will also provide some strength and proper levelling to the walls.
- Starting from the top, space the furring strips horizontally while also place a vertical strips between the horizontal furring.
- Stand the panels with the wood sticks on the wall to allow air circulation between the wall and panels
- Use a 2 inch foam brush to paint the wall head to mark where the panels will be joined. Make small markings so the joints will be less visible.
- Check the measurements before cutting the panels and start the installation. From the corner, cut the panels as per the switchboards, windows, doors etc.
- Place the panels on the floor and use a jigsaw to cut the panels. Let the panelling stick to the walls.
- Now, secure the panel with adhesive or nails. Apply adhesive at the gap of 10 inches and press the panel to the adhesive.
- Press the panels to avoid the air bubbles and let it stay. Follow the same process for applying panels to the other walls and areas.
- Apply finishing nails to the top of the panel. Hold the bottom with a baseboard. Allow some gap between 2 sheets to let the panelling stick in a better way.
Also colours sticks can be sued on the paneling to fill holes, gaps or stains on the panels. The paneling can be done from hardwood, pine, teak wood etc. take care while performing paneling to get a rich and polished look for your walls.
Enquire Now for UPVC Windows