Doors and windows are the gateway to your house while being the first thing your guests encounter and admire when they visit your house. An essential furnishing for the house, doors and windows also facilitate privacy & security while providing an added level of comfort as well. Furthermore, they play a major role in keeping out unwanted pests & weather elements while keeping potential intruders at bay as well.
Post your Requirement
Vastu Shastra is based on an ancient science which promotes the harmony of peace and solidarity between man and nature. Thus, ‘Vaastu’ shows us all a well-defined pathin the quest to attain prosperity and pleasure in our lives. Vastu Shastra is dependent on the various energies that are prevalent in the surrounding atmosphere such as solar energy, thermal energy, cosmic energy, magnetic energy, wind energy, lunar energy and light energy. These resultant energies act as a gateway to positivity characteristics such as peace, prosperity and your accomplishments. It’s often said that when a house is built as per these principles, you and your family will attain unparalleled luck and prosperity in life. However, if your windows or doors are not built as per these principles, it can lead to negative energies creeping in thus creating unwanted issues and stresses in your life. Simply put, Vastu governs every movement of life while helping maintain a dynamic balance between Form and Energy to create a harmonious environment within your house.
Door and window positions are extremely vital as they not only provide an avenue for the passage of air, energy and light into your house but also provide protection against the negative energies around. Hence, it becomes paramount that they are placed in the right positions for the flow and circulation of positive vibes and for creating a feeling of happiness and contentment. Before designing and constructing doors and windows for your next house, do take some time out to take into consideration these points as they play a crucial role in determining the flow of Vastu energies in your house.
Enquire Now for Windows
- Choosing the ideal location and orientation for your doors and windows in the house is the first and foremost priority.
- Next, is giving due consideration to the type and quality of materials to be used in the construction of windows and doors.
- Figuring out the height of the windows and doors in your house.
- Give due thought and consideration to the direction & placement of your windows and doors.
- Opting for the perfectly sized doors and windows in accordance to Vastu.
- Placement of the type of mirror or glass in windows
Suggested Post: Door and Windows Designs in Aluminium and Steel
Vastu Tips while Constructing Doors and Windows
Additionally, Vastu also gives us an insight and tips on some basic set of norms which needs to be followed while constructing doors and windows. They are listed as under:
- As per Vastu, the windows and doors of your house must at all times be in even numbers such as 2, 4, 6, 8 etc. while avoiding 10. Additionally, also ensure it stays in multiples of 8.
- According to Vastu, your main door should be free of any obstructions such as plants, big trees, staircases, poles etc. Additionally, your door should not have a temple directly in front of your main door as well. Similarly, any picture or depiction of God should not be hung on the outer side of your door.
- Doors should be adorned with auspicious decorative items such as Ganesha, Om, Laxmi, and Swastika pictures.
- Doors and windows should be placed opposite each other so that both the positive and negative cycles are completed. This is done to enable the proper flow of air thus facilitating cross-ventilation between rooms. Moreover, it also allows for the adequate transmission of light from room to room as well.
- While zeroing in on the ideal material for your main doors, you should always opt for Teak as it’s undoubtedly the best material used in the construction of doors and windows.
- If your house comprises two main gateways, then, in that case, opt for a combination of doors in the direction of East with North and West, West with North and East. However, the direction of South and West/East should be avoided as it’s considered inauspicious.
- Similarly, while choosing windows, the windows in the North wall should be more inclined towards the North-East while also being long and wide. This enables the air and essential morning light to filter through without obstructions and circulate within the house.
- Additionally, any windows placed on the East side wall should be inclined more towards the North-East while maintaining a long length and width for the same reason as listed above.
- The main entrance door of two houses or apartments facing each other should not open outwards towards each other as this is considered to be extremely ominous.
- Windows pointing towards the South-West direction should be avoided at any cost as the harmful, hot & penetrative ultraviolet rays of the sunlight are projected maximum in this direction. Hence, having fewer openings in this direction are advisable.
- One important factor which should be considered for each and every house is that the circulation of the air should be on point at all times. Air should be allowed to freely enter and exit your premises while also ensuring the flow is at regular intervals as well. The reason behind this is that if at all there’s a presence of stagnant water in your premises, having an insufficient flow of air within your house can promote the growth and development of harmful viruses and bacteria. The resultant stagnant air arising out of this may not be suitable for the house inmates. Proper ventilation thus ensures happy and healthy living.
- All the windows in your house should ideally be of uniform and consistent shape while also being proportionate in height and size as well. Moreover, doors and windows should be rectangular in shape. Avoid having fancy shaped and irregular sized doors as they are not considered auspicious.
- The doors should avoid placement in the centre of a wall. It should ideally be far away from the centre while taking adequate care to not place it in the extreme corner either.
- Automatic doors should be avoided at all costs. As per Vastu, doors which close automatically are said to affect the health of children.
- Doors and windows should be devoid of any damage or cracks. If any damage or cracks are found, they should ideally be replaced urgently as it’s considered to be extremely inauspicious as per Vastu.
- If your door or windows make noise or creaks while opening or closing, it should be repaired or replaced as soon as possible or it could result in unneeded quarrels in your house.
- As per Vastu, the doorway constructed and facing the eastern direction is regarded as extremely favourable. Moreover, entrance doors facing the western and northern directions can also be constructed. However, any entry in the southern direction is considered highly unsuitable. Similarly, avoid constructing windows or doors facing the southwest corners of your house or for that matter any property.
Related Post: Home Design and Plans According to Vastu Shastra