Marble and vitrified flooring are widely used nowadays and they both have different characteristics. Depending on the interiors, exteriors and type of usage of space one can choose between marble or vitrified flooring accordingly.
Post your Requirement
Enquire Now for Italian Marble
- Vitrified tiles are manufactured by the process of vitrification while marble is a natural stone available from marble quarries. The vitreous layer make the vitrified tiles scratch resistant , stain resistant and strong enough to handle external weather conditions . Marble is mainly used in the interiors and is prone to stains if not sealed properly. They turn yellow over a period of time.
- Vitrified tiles are laid very quickly and once laid they are ready to use. Laying of marble slabs is a cumbersome job , they need to polished thoroughly before being ready to use.
- Marble is much more expensive than Vitrified tiles.
- Vitrified tiles are maintenance free while marble has to be polished regularly to give a fresh look. Polished marble could be slippery initially hence one has to be careful while walking.
- Marble always gives a very magnificent and natural look compared to marble. Marble designs are imitated on vitrified tiles but the tiles fail to live upto the opulence of natural polished marble.
Suggested Read: Advantages and Disadvantages of Vitrified Tiles