Glass doors have become immensely popular for both residential and commercial buildings. Glass doors serve to improve ventilation and increase the amount of natural light flitering into the building. The transparent glass doors also improve the view of the outside world. Glass doors also enhance the aesthetics of the building's architecture. Whether you want a glass front door or interior door with glass, there are many kinds of designs to choose from in the market.
Glass Doors Price List
|Types of Glass Doors
|Sliding Glass Door
||Rs 980/ Square Feet
|Aluminium Glass Door
||Rs 250/ Square Feet
|Office Glass Doors
||Rs 850/ Square Feet
|Wood Glass Doors
||Rs 7,500/ Piece
|Bathroom Glass Door
||Rs 750/ Square Feet
|UPVC Glass Door
||Rs 600/ Square Feet
|Designer Glass Door
||Rs 9,800/ Piece
Types of Glass Doors
1. Hinged Glass Doors
Hinged glass door design is a traditional design commonly found in homes and offices. The hinge is installed on one side of the door frame. The single hinged glass door can swivel inwards or outwards or in both directions. The hinged glass door requires a clear space in front equal to its width.
2. Sliding Glass Doors
Sliding glass door slides sideways on upper and lower tracks to open and close instead of swinging inwards and outwards. The sliding glass doors provide expansive views of the outdoor space of the house or office. They look like glass walls when closed. The sliding design also saves space because the doors do not project into the room regardless of their size.
3. French Glass Doors
French doors or double glass doors feature a pair of single hinged glass doors which move away from each other when opened. French door provide a perfect view of the outside even in the closed position. The doors also occupy a larger space than a single door, thereby increasing the space of the opening. French glass doors also improve ventilation.
4. Bi-Fold Glass Doors
Bi-Fold or folding glass doors are made of a series of folding glass door panels. The panels are hinged and can be folded to one or both sides of the opening along a sill track. The folding glass door can be framed or frameless. A single door panel can also be opened and closed without the need to disturb the entire system. Folding glass doors can also be opened partially.
5. Pivot Glass Doors
Pivot glass door swing inside and outside by rotating on hinges present on the top and bottom of the doors. Pivot doors are suitable for buildings with large openings. The pivot glass door system can feature a single or multiple glass doors. They can also be angled to obstruct or direct breezes.
6. Glass panel Glass Doors
A glass panel door consists of glass panels making up the main door material while the framework is made of wood. The glass panels allow natural light to filter through the door. The glass panels can also have some designs on them to make the door all the more aesthetically appealing.
The glass doors can be also be categorized according to the types of glasses used in making them. Some of them have been mentioned here
- A frosted glass door is made of frosted glass. Frosted glass is created by using a sandblast to break up the polished surface of the glass. Frosted glass doors reduce heat and glare. Frosted glass is translucent in nature which makes it suitable for making bathroom glass door.
- Quartz glass transmits ultraviolet rays and is commonly used in hospital glass doors.
- Wire glass door has a network of wire embedded into the glass for extra strength.
- An etched glass door means that etching has been done on its clear or textured glass. Many types of designs are etched by professionals. Eteched glass doors are suitable as exterior glass doors, interior office glass doors, pantry glass doors and glass shower doors.
- Bulletproof glass door has a laminate plate due to which the glass does not turn into pieces after breaking up. Such glass doors are expensive and usually used in high security establishments.
Factors to consider for purchasing a glass door
If you are looking for a glass door online, then you must consider the following factors before making a decision to purchase one.
- The architectural design of the house and space available need to be considered while deciding upon the type of glass door you want to purchase.
- Privacy is a major factor when purchasing glass doors for home. Frosted glass door is ideal if the one can see the entire length of the house through the door. Otherwise, a clear glass door is suitable.
- Apart from framed, frameless glass doors are also available in the market. Frameless glass doors are devoid of metal frames which make them easy to clean. Frameless glass doors are also made of superior quality glass and are more aesthetically appealing. However, they are more expensive than framed glass doors.
The glass door price must also match your budget. The size, design, style and the type of glass determine the price of a glass door. For example, the average sliding glass doors prices can be anything between $200 and $2500 per door.