Ceramic Tiles and Vitrified tiles are the most widely used tiles and are available in different colors, shapes, sizes and patterns. The differences between both tiles are as follows-
Post your Requirement
- Ceramic Tiles are made of natural clay sand and water; they are combined together and manufactured into ceramic tiles. Vitrified tiles are made of quartz, feldspar and sand through the process of vitrification.All the materials are heated to such a temperature that they melt into a glass type mixture and then converted into tiles. This process makes the vitrified tiles into a very strong and homogeneous material.
- Ceramic tiles are porous and have a tendency of absorbing water while vitrified tiles are highly impervious and water resistant.
- The top layer of a ceramic tile has a glazed surface while vitrified tiles have consistent layers. They look like glass and an additional shiny finish is not required.
- Ceramic Tiles are manufactured by the process of Dust Pressing while vitrified tiles are manufactured by the process of Hydraulic pressing.
- Ceramic tiles are used mainly in the indoors while vitrified tiles are ideal for indoors and outdoors having a very high traffic in commercial areas.
- Ceramic tiles are cheap while vitrified tiles are comparatively expensive.
- Ceramic tiles are prone to cracking and breaking while vitrified tiles has a very strong material strength and does not crack easily.
Suggested Read: Advantages and Disadvantages of Vitrified Tiles
We have offers of these Glass Fittings & Hardware (Glass Connector, Glass Door Handles, Glass Door Hinge, Glass Door Locks, Patch Fittings) with high discount. You can choose multiple types of glasses from top brands.