It is very important to check the quality of cement delivered at site that shall be used for construction.
Post your Requirement
Cement Quality Parameters
The following checks should be done at site –
- The Date of Packing should be checked. Cement should be used within 6 weeks after the date of manufacturing.
- Cement has a light grey color; in case there is a change of colour it should be rejected.
- Cement should be smooth while rubbing. A coarse texture indicates adulteration with sand.
- When one puts his hand in the cement bag it should feel cool.
- We must do a float test by putting some cement on water; the cement should float before sinking.
- One must smell the cement; a very earthy or muddy smell indicates excess of clay in the cement.
- No lumps should be present in the cement bags.
- A cube of cement should be made on a plate and then immersed in water; it has to harden within 24 hours under water.
- A strength test could be done by creating a block of 25mmx25mmx200mm, immerse it in water for 7 days and then subject it to a weight of 34 kg. The cement should not fail or crack.
- The grade of cement should be mentioned on the bag and it should always be packed in synthetic jute or polypropylene bags.