When we set out to make our homes look stylish and beautiful, we pay attention to a lot of aspects. We look at what colours we want to paint our walls, what types of windows would look good in each room, what furniture to buy and what kind of linen and draperies to use. However, amidst all this there is one aspect that we tend to neglect – the humble door.
Post your Requirement
After all, the door is the entrance and exit of the house and, ideally, should be the first thing we need to think about. Whenever anyone comes to visit you, the first part of your house that they will see is the door. Yet, this one humble piece of wood is sadly ignored.
Enquire Now for Membrane Doors
Not anymore, though. More and more people are paying attention to how the entrance to their house and the various rooms looks like. One pertinent aspect that comes to one mind is how reliable and safe the doors in their homes are. As a result, they are going out to find what kind of doors can last long, are resistant to effects of weather and climate and look good for a long time. This is where membrane doors come in and therefore you can find plenty of membrane doors suppliers available in the market.
What is a Membrane Door?
So your first question may be – what is a membrane door? Well the answer is that a membrane door is a type of door that is manufactured by combining HDF moulded doors with solid flush doors. This brings up the next question – what are those? Let’s take a look.
A flush door is one that has a core of some sort of solid material such as laminated timber or particle board. This core is faced with sheets of MDF or plywood. These sheets are then either painted or laminated or veneered as per your preference. Flush doors are also known as performance doors.
Enquire Now for Flush Doors
Next come the HDF moulded doors. HDF stands for high density fibre. This fibre is made from recycled wood and is environmentally friendly. These doors are also supposed to be more durable and stable than ordinary wood doors.
Membrane doors are a combination of the two types of doors described above but they go one step further. These doors are overlaid with a polyvinyl chloride membrane. The membrane ensures that the doors don’t shrink, swell, crack or separate at the joints. If you’re not sure about exactly what a membrane door is, connect with a membrane doors supplier.
Enquire Now for Wooden Doors
Advantages of Membrane Doors
The advantages of membrane doors are varied and many, which is why these doors are increasing in popularity. Some of them are :
- The doors are durable and don’t crack even after long use
- The doors don’t get deformed too much – the degree of deformation is miniscule
- The doors are heat resistant
- The doors can resist abrasions
- The doors don’t get dirty very easily
- The colour or colours on the door remain vibrant and bright for a long time
- The colours are rich and the wood grain looks realistic so the doors look good
- The doors don’t crack because of swelling or contractions
- The doors can be cleaned and maintained on a daily basis quite easily
Disadvantages of Membrane Doors
Considering how resistant to weather and pollutants a membrane door is, it isn’t very easy to find disadvantages in it. However, there are a few things that you do need to keep in mind or be careful about. They are :
- The doors are heat resistant but cannot withstand high temperatures; this means you need to keep open flames and burning cigarettes far away
- You need to be very specific and accurate with the dimensions of the door you need; once manufactured, membrane doors can’t really be altered
- Since the material isn’t as strong as aluminium, you may see some sagging in the doors; in fact, if you use them in very hot climates, their frames might get ruptured
- While plenty of colour choices are available, membrane doors don’t have as many colour selections as wooden or aluminium doors do with so many advantages and only one major disadvantage, it is definitely in your best interests to consider membrane doors when refurbishing or building your house. Check out WFM to find the best membrane door suppliers for you.
Enquire Now for Aluminium Doors