There are mainly two types of sealers namely Reactive Penetrating Sealers and Topical Sealers which can be used on stone, concrete and flooring. The main characteristics that distinguish between them and that can help one make a choice between the two of them are-
Post your Requirement
- Reactive Penetrating sealers form a permanent bond with the substrate and will not wear away. Topical sealers are coatings in the form of paint on the substrate.
- Penetrating sealers last for years without maintenance. Topical Sealers can wear away with time and with exposure to external weather conditions.
- Penetrating sealers penetrate the pores of the concrete thus making the concrete dense, they are also known as densifiers. Topical sealers only act as a coating layer.
- The four types of Penetrating sealers are silanes, silicates, siliconate and siloxanes. The types of Topical sealers are acrylics, epoxies and urethanes.
- Penetrating sealers are costlier and more durable than Topical sealers.
- Penetrating sealers create a matte finish while Topical sealers give a gloss finish. Topical sealers are available in different sheens.Topical sealers might give a very artificial look to the substrate.