With a greater demand for greener products fiberglass windows are gaining popularity and are setting new standards when it comes to efficiency and strength. Fiberglass is a very sustainable building construction material primarily made of sand which is one of the most abundant resources available on our planet. They are very Eco-friendly because a very quantity of waste and toxic fumes are generated during the manufacturing of fiberglass windows.
The fiberglass window sections are available with a foam filled core or a hollow core and are widely used in residential and commercial buildings. They are popularly available in the form of casement, double hung , awning windows and horizontal sliding windows.
Enquire Now for Sliding Windows
Advantages of Fiberglass Windows
- Fiberglass windows are very strong and are highly resistant to external weather conditions. The windows do not rust like other metal windows nor do they absorb moisture, develop cracks or splinter like wood.
- Good seals are used for fiberglass windows which bring the reduction of sound to a minimum level.
- Fiberglass windows are highly energy efficient. The windows have an air cavity which are filled with a foam filled core or a hollow core, both of which act as a very good insulating material. The frame expands and contracts same as glass resulting in a reduced leakage of air and an increased energy efficiency of the windows.
- Fiberglass windows are recyclable and have a low environmental impact, they are widely used in green buildings as they reduces the carbon footprint of the building. They help in reducing the air conditioning or heating costs that are involved to heat or cool the building.
- Fiberglass windows are very durable and require very low maintenance. These windows are highly resistant to scratch, dents and do not become brittle. They are also resistant to termites.
- The fiberglass windows can be clad with real wood on one side and give a warm feel to the interior decor.
- The windows are available in very strong and sleek profiles resulting in a wider visible glass in the windows. The profiles are available in various colour options.
- The windows are resistant to acid and chemical attacks and pollution.
- Fiberglass windows are very light in weight and they have a very strong strength to weight ratio. This window material is stronger than vinyl, aluminium and other wood composite that are widely used for the manufacturing of windows.
Enquire Now for Windows
Disadvantages of Fiberglass Windows
- Fiberglass windows are very costly in comparison to other window materials. The manufacturing of fiberglass windows is very labor intensive hence it adds to the costs of production.
- Over a period of time the dark coloured fiberglass windows can fade when exposed to direct sunlight due to the UV effect of the rays.
- The fiberglass windows are mechanically fastened to the window opening. There is a tendency that these windows might leak on the sides hence a proper sealant must be used to effectively seal the window.