A railing has the potential of converting your mundane deck, porch or staircase into a modern, comfortable, cosy and safe enclosure. It gives it a definitive frame while also ensuring the safety of everyone around. With a railing that matches your staircase or balcony, you can completely transform its appearance and create different aesthetics that match your home. Railings have been an essential part of architecture for a very long time and this guide will help you choose between the best house railing designs which match your needs and requirements.
Post your Requirement
- One of the most commonly used materials; steel railings are not widely used for balcony railing systems. Although it’s durable and expected to last the distance, it’s prone to rusting and corrosion as is expected with metal. They are extremely customizable though and can often be clubbed with other materials to create a clean and polished look. Best suited for indoor applications like a staircase, it will perfectly match any modern interior.
- Often chosen as a balcony railing, wood is the most commonly used material when it comes to picking a railing design. Wood can be mixed and matched to suit your precise requirements as it comes with a plethora of different designs, wood types and finishes. Wood is not only suitable for traditional homes but can also help enhance the appearance of a contemporary house as well. Additionally, wood is affordable and an inexpensive option compared to other options like aluminium and steel railing systems. However, this system requires a great deal of maintenance.
- No other railing can give you the unmatched views which a glass railing facilitates. Not only do they perfectly match any contemporary balcony or deck effortlessly but you can also fully enjoy a magnificent view within the confines of your balcony as a result. Opt for a tempered glass setup to ensure safety as well at all times. Glass railing can dress up almost any deck or balcony but proves to be a slightly more expensive option as compared to others on this list.
Enquire Now for Tempered Glass
- Aluminium railings are fairly strong, light, and a much better fit for your outdoor applications. Naturally rust-resistant and corrosion-proof, aluminum railings can weather any storm and outlast the harshest of weather conditions. Additionally, with minimal upkeep, aluminium railings provide an easy way to add style and elegance to any project while being super customizable as well. Ideal for balconies or staircases alike, owing to its durability. Ir comes in various finish options ranging from soft-matted or satin finishes to more polished looks.
- Cast iron railings help add a bit of style and class and are a perfect staircase railing option. Offering offers superior strength and durability, these railings can serve you for several years and stand the tests of time if maintained well. However, like with any other metal, iron tends to rust over time and therefore requires periodic maintenance. While it can be one of the most expensive railings available, cast iron railings help add a bit of understated elegance and sophistication to any home. Although it can be used for both exteriors and interiors, it’s best left avoided for external usage owing to its tendency to rust.