Two sheets of aluminium combine together to a non aluminium core so as to form a Composite Aluminium Panel. The infill layer could be polyethylene and the outer layer could further be coated with PVDF (Polyvinylidene Fluoride). The characteristics of Aluminium Composite Panels are:
- It is a light weight, rigid and durable material, it is mainly used for external cladding of buildings and to create signage. ACP gives a very classy look to the buildings and the design goes very well when combined with glass curtain walling systems.
- It is weather proof and its colour does not fade after exposure to sunlight.
- ACP is economical and readily available. It is easy to install and requires very low maintenance.
- ACP is available in numerous metallic and non-metallic colour options and can very easily imitate the design of wood or marble on it. This has made ACP very popular and one of the most widely used cladding materials.
- These panels are relatively very cheap and economical when compared to other cladding materials.
- Aluminium Cladding has very good heat insulation and sound reduction properties.
- ACP panels have very good fire resistance.