Pozzolana is a natural or artificial material which contains silica in the reactive form. Portland Pozzolana Cement is cement manufactured by combining Pozzolanic materials. This cement comprises of OPC clinker, gypsum and pozzolanic materials in certain proportions. The Pozzolanic materials include fly ash, volcanic ash, calcined clay or silica fumes. These materials are added within a range of 15% to 35% by cement weight.
Post your Requirement
Suggested Read: Difference Between PPC and OPC Cement
The characteristics of Pozzolana Cement are –
- Pozzolana cement is ecofriendly and made of natural recycled waste. It helps in making quality building materials with the efficient use of natural waste thus reducing environmental pollution.
- After curing Pozzolana cement achieves the strength that is equivalent to Grade 33 Ordinary Portland Cement.
- Pozzolana cement has very good resistance against sulphate attack hence is used in hydraulic structures, marine structures, construction near the sea shore, dam construction etc.
- It is very fine cement hence very good when used for plastering works.
- Pozzolano are siliceous materials which reduce the cost and make it economical without altering the properties of cement.
- This cement has a very low initial strength and they become stronger with curing time.