Sulphate resisting Cement has the property of resistance to mineralized water containing sulphates and is mainly used in under water construction .This kind of cement increases the durability of concrete when subjected to aggressive environment conditions reducing the risk of deterioration and structural failure. The quantity of tricalcium aluminate is less than 5% in Sulphate resisting cement. It is used in areas where where there is risk of damage to concrete from any kind of sulphate attack. The prime criteria for cement to perform in tough conditions are that it has to be well compacted, dense and properly cured. It is used in the following areas –
Post your Requirement
- Pile Foundations
- Basement Structures
- Construction in coastal areas which are within 50 km radius from the sea.
- Sewage and Water treatment Plants.
- Sea Walls, Dams, Reservoirs.
- Petrochemical and Food processing factories.
- This cement is resistant to chloride ions hence it acts as a barrier and reduces the effect of corrosion on reinforced steel.
- Sulphate resisting Cement has improved later age strength. The Sulphate resistant Cement has to be kept dry and handled very carefully as even the moisture in the air can react with the cement to cause premature hydration and carbonation.