Vitreous glass is a type of glass which is used for mosaic tile work. They are available in the size of small chips which are textured on one side and smooth on the other side. The edges are slightly rounded so that one does not get hurt or injured while working with them.
The characteristics of Vitreous Glass are –
- Vitreous Glass is durable and resistant to external weather conditions.
- They are available in a variety of colours and are widely used in mosaic art work for walls.
- Vitreous glass tiles are stain resistant and scratch resistant.
- They make the interior space very bright and vibrant as they reflect light and accentuate the space.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- These tiles are usually applied on walls. If applied on the floor they tend to become very slippery especially in wet areas.
Vitreous Glass mosaic tiles find wide applications in swimming pools, theatres, schools, bars, bathrooms and recreational areas. Care should be taken for proper installation; if it is not fixed properly the individual pieces of mosaic may chip and fall off making the space look very shabby.
Enquire Now for Glass