An integral part of our day-to-day life, Glass is all around us and one of the most useful materials in the world. Made primarily from silica sand, glass is used in a variety of industries from pharmaceuticals and automobiles to architectural to the processed food industries. Here is a list of the top six glass manufacturing companies in India.
Post your Requirement
Asahi India Glass
- Established in 1984 by BM Labroo, Asahi India is one of the largest glass companies in India with a market capitalization of nearly Rs 3306.02 Crore. Primarily famous for automobile glass owing to a massive 77% share in the Indian automobile glass market, Asahi is also popular for its Architectural Glass and Solar Glass variants as well. Set up as a joint venture between Labroo family and Maruti Suzuki India, Asahi also boasts of India’s first and largest automotive repair & replacement network with 49 specialist centres spread across 28 cities in India.
- Enquire now : Asahi India Glass
La Opala RG Limited
- Founded by Mr Sushil Jhunjhunwala in the year 1986, La Opala is currently is India’s number tableware brand. Headquartered in Kolkata, Bengal, La Opala has become one of the leading companies in glass manufacturing through its various popular brands like La Opala RG, La Opala, Diva from La Opala and solitaire and offers an exquisite range of decorative and handcrafted glasses and plates.
Borosil Glass Works Limited
- One of the leading laboratory goods manufacturers in the nation, Borosil was founded by PK Kheruka in the year 1962 and is based out of Mumbai. With over 50 years of hardcore experience and presence in the glass industry, they have a market capitalization of Rs 480.96 Crore and are known for their Low Iron Solar Glass, Scientific and Industrial glass variants.
- Enquire now : Borosil Glass Works
Saint-Gobain Sekurit India Pvt Ltd
- With over 350 years of heritage behind Saint-Gobain, this is easily one of the most popular glass companies across the globe. With a core business comprising mainly of Float Glass, Automotive glass and Glass containers, this company has a worldwide presence in 67 countries and established it’s presence in India way back in the year 1996. In 1997 it acquired a majority stake in Sekurit India Pvt Ltd and is now known as Saint-Gobain Sekurit India Pvt Ltd.
- Enquire now : Saint Gobain Glass India
Gujarat Guardian Limited (Modigaurd)
- Founded by Mr.Vinay Kumar Modi, Gujarat Guardian Limited is a joint venture promoted by Guardian Industries Corporation of the United States, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of float and fabricated glass and Gujarat-based Modi Group. Established in 1990 and based out of Ankleshwar, Gujarat, Gujarat Guardian Limited is famed for it’s clear float glass that is used for architectural purposes in buildings, malls, and high-rises as laminated and toughened glass while also being used widely for automotive uses and mirror making.
- Enquire now : Gujarat Guardian Limited
Hindustan National Glass & Industries Limited (HNGIL)
- Headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal and founded in the year 1946, Hindustan National Glass Manufacturing Co. Ltd is one of the oldest glass manufacturing companies in India.
- With a market capitalization of around Rs 1013.13 Crore, this company was founded by Somany Brothers and is listed on NSE. With several plants spread across India and with a client base spanning across 23 countries, this company specialises in lightweight glass containers.
Enquire Now for Glass