Marble is very evergreen, timeless and royal flooring. The advent of new technology and new materials has not been able to take away the charm of marble flooring.
Post your Requirement
Enquire Now for Marble Flooring
Advantages and Disadvantages of Marble Flooring
However there are certain advantages and disadvantages of marble.
Advantages of Marble
- Marble creates a very magnificent aesthetic impact on the interiors especially Italian marble.
- Marble flooring is very durable and can last for ages. It is a heavy stone and can take heavy loads on it.
- Marble flooring is scratch resistant.
Disadvantages of Marble
- Marble requires proper care and maintenance. Acid should never be used on marble as it shall loose its shine. Marble should be regularly polished over a period of time to give it a new look. If proper precautions are not taken the marble becomes yellowish in colour.
- Italian marble is usually very soft and prone to cracks. Proper resins have to be used to make the surface strong and solid and avoid further cracks.
- Proper sealants should be used in marble flooring as the marble is highly porous and prone to staining. It absorbs stains very quickly especially kitchen stains hence are not appropriate for kitchen counter tops.
- Marble is very heavy and lot of labour is required in lifting the stone. Only very professional contractors can work with marble flooring and insert design infill’s in the floor.
- Marble flooring becomes very cold in winters.
Enquire Now for Modular Kitchen
Suggested Read : Advantages and Disadvantages of Kota Stone Flooring