Hydraulic Cement is a type of cement specially designed to stop water and leaks in concrete and masonry structures. It is also known as hydraulic water stop cement which hardens because of hydration. It is a very high strength repair material used to stop active water cracks in swimming pools, masonry and concrete.
Post your Requirement
Hydraulic Cement Characteristics
The characteristics of hydraulic cement are –
- Hydraulic Cement sets extremely fast and hardens with good strength after it has been mixed with water. It hardens within three minutes after a chemical reaction with the mixing water.
- This cement is cost effective.
- Very easy to use.
- Hot water accelerates the setting time while cold water retards the setting time of cement.
- Hydraulic Cement is very strong and works very well even when submerged in water. Hence it is widely used in structures that are submerged in water.
- It does not corrode or get rusted.
- Hydraulic cement expands when dried.
It is widely used in swimming pools , foundations , sealing around concrete pipes ,drainage systems, manholes , marine applications , elevator pits to name a few. It is also used as a repair material used to block cracks.
Suggested Read: Hydraulic Cement vs. Non Hydraulic Cement