Terracotta cladding is a 100% natural material composed of clay, made using fire and water. Terracotta cladding is used to create striking facade designs in combination with other materials like glass, stone surfaces, paint etc. It is an alternate to exposed brick masonry which is widely used for the exteriors of the building. The exposed brick masonry might look very untidy, rough, and rugged with unclean lines. Terracotta cladding can give the look of exposed bricks with a very smooth and flawless finish. These tiles can be glazed or unglazed and are available in various colours.
Enquire Now for Terracotta Cladding
Characteristic Details of Terracotta Cladding
The other characteristics of terracotta tiles are –
- Durable and resistant to ultraviolet radiation. It does not fade in sunlight.
- It is a recyclable, sustainable and Eco –friendly material.
- Allows fast and easy application.
- It has low water absorption properties and is weather resistant.
- It has energy saving properties and prevents absorption of heat into the interiors.
- Good acoustic properties by reducing the level of sound absorption.
- It is a non-flammable material and has a very good fire resistance.
- Gives a very good aesthetic appeal. It is used in both modern buildings and in heritage buildings.