Powder coated railings, doors and windows are the processes of applying a coating on metals mainly aluminium. It finds its wide use in the building industry mainly in doors, windows and railings as a protective and decorative finish.
Post your Requirement
The powder which is used in powder coating is a mixture of fine grounded pigments and resins and is free from any solvents. The powder particles are electrically charged and adhere to the metal surface to form a smooth coating.
This type of coating is applied electrostatically also known as anodizing and the curing is done under heat so that it forms a skin. The skin is a hard finish and is tougher than paint.
The main advantages of using powder coating are –
- The powdered coating forms a very attractive finish on aluminium and once it is coated it does not require any repainting.
- They are available in various colour options and can match any exterior or interior décor.
- The anodizing treatment on aluminium creates a corrosion-resistant surface.
- Powder coating is more durable than liquid finishes such as paint. They are less susceptible to chipping, scratching and wearing out.
- The powder coating is UV resistant and hence the colours remain bright for a longer period of time.
Suggested Read: PVDF coating vs. powder Coating