Wall putty is a white cement-based granular material made from a smooth combination and adhered to the buildings before painting. It is applied before the final coat of paint to extend the life of the paint. They serve only as a base coat for paint and cater to no other purpose. It can be used on both dry and wet partitions and can also be used for interior and exterior partition finishing. They are commonly used for partition maintenance and to add a finer finish to the room barriers. It is suggested that you already waterproof the surface with water-resistant concrete. The best waterproof partition putty on the market is available from a variety of manufacturers.
Post your Requirement
Moreover, it is primarily a concrete mixture material whose basic task is to even out the surface to make it level for subsequent coats of paint. It also aids in the filling of minor cracks and pores, as well as the removal of any undulation on the room barrier. It creates a smooth, protective base for paint application. It can also be used as a filler to fill cracks or patches on the partitions. It enables the application of any color to the room barriers. The benefit of this product is that it could be used on outdoor and indoor surfaces, whether new or old.
White cement is a subtype of Portland Cement, also known as grey cement. It gets its distinctive clear color from the addition of iron and manganese during the manufacturing process. Thus, this mortar possesses all of the properties of grey mortar as well as numerous other advantages in addition to its color. As a result, it is frequently preferred for exterior surfaces as well.
Wall Putty vs White Cement
The purpose of putty is to create a thick shield for paint; white mortar is well-known for both interior and exterior partitions. They are a fine powder that is perfect for finishing concrete/cement plastered partitions and ceilings. They repair masonry surface blemishes, dents, and holes, as well as patch-up surface finishing.
Related Post: uses of wall putty
As you are interested to know about White cement vs putty, you should be aware that, this mortar can be mixed with other inorganic pigments; its wash gives the room barriers a lustrous, matt finish, shiny, and is utilized in numerous applications such as smooth plaster, textured plaster, architectural finishes etc. As these mortars always produce very light pastel shades, this mortar also exhibits these characteristics. It is regarded as of superior quality and is also regarded as a great value for money. It is a necessary component in the finishing of a partition and also in the application of mosaic tiles and terrazzo floorings.
Another important thing you must know while learning about Putty vs white cement is that putty is centered on this mortar and used for exterior and interior partitions. It primarily serves as a leveling agent for room barrier surfaces as well as a protective base for expensive paints, among other things. To level the structure’s surface, coarse putty is used. The product is used to provide a protective base, particularly for expensive paints, as well as to keep the paint from flaking. It is made up of high-quality polymers, specialty chemicals, and mineral fillers, and is also used to fill pores on partitions and ceilings.
Advantages of wall putty
Since you want to know about White Cement vs Wall Putty, you must also be aware of both advantages. Here are the advantages that this product has:
Also Read: Types of wall putty
- It increases the partition’s tensile strength.
- It extends the life of the paint on the partitions.
- A low-cost method of reducing the amount of paint used on the walls.
- It is moisture-resistant.
- A smoother finish is provided by wall putty.
- They do not flake or crack easily.
- Application with multiple uses.
- Providing a glossy, smooth, and impressive finish to the walls brings out the actual paint shade.
- It is not damaged and prevents expensive paint coats from flaking.
Advantages of white mortar
To know Which is better wall putty or white cement, you should know about the advantages of this item. They are:
- Concrete made of Portland mortar has better thermal insulation than other types of mortar.
- This mortar is a good light reflector. It not only adds beauty and charm to the building, but it also saves energy by illuminating the interior and exterior.
- The product can not only be recycled but reused once they are at the terminal position of their usages.
- It can be used as a wall putty to fill in the uneven surface of the wall before painting it.
- It can be used in place of primer paint, lime, or another whitewashing material.
- Top roof pavers, road and street pavers, marble tiles, and ceramic tiles can all be set with this mortar.
- The product has a high level of waterproofing. The structure does not require any waterproofing coating.
- The structures made of this mortar can withstand extreme temperatures.
Shop for these products from McCoy Mart
Whether you want to buy putty or white mortar, you can head to McCoy Mart. It is an online shop with a large collection of hardware items. Besides that, the store also has a wide range of other products that can make your house beautiful. You can get the A to Z of your home refurbishment from this shop.