A bay window is a window space projecting outward from the main walls of a building and forming a bay in a room. It is a generic term for all protruding window constructions, regardless of height. A bay window might be rectangular, polygonal, or arc-shaped. On the off chance that the last, it might be known as a bow window.
Post your Requirement
Bay windows are associated historically with mansions of the early English Renaissance. However, they are still very much in use and aren’t at all obsolete. They are still used in new buildings and schools, to achieve the goal of maximum admission of natural light
Listed below are the Advantages of bay windows:
- Add value to home: Bay windows are regularly decided for their aesthetic appeal. All things considered, the shining glass gives the home a perfect, present-day look. Within, the style looks rich and creates a feeling of additional space
- Enable common light to enter: Bay windows have all panoramic views, so they enable more normal light to enter from numerous directions
- Adaptability: Bay windows can be found in any room in Victorian homes, but at the same time, they’re a prominent improvement for current homes. They can be installed anywhere, however, they are quite popular in the kitchens and family rooms of contemporary homes.
- Good Ventilation: Because bay windows offer the option of having two operating windows, the homeowner and guests can enjoy a nice breeze from two directions instead of just one.
Like everything, this too accompanies its Disadvantages:
- Difficult to add window treatment: The tight edges and one of a kind setups of bay windows make it hard to put and introduce equipment. You will have to hire a professional to abstain from harming the casing or trading off the style.
- Low-budget options are risky: A poorly developed bay window will have structural issues. At the point when the foundation of the home settles, structural issues can make the window squeak and break. On the off chance that the window isn’t appropriately upheld, it can droop. In case this happens, you will have to purchase a substitution window, which can cost a few hundred dollars or all the more, depending on the size of the window