Beveled glass is widely used as a decorative glass feature in doors and windows. The main characteristic of beveled glass is that the edges are cut at an angle so as to give a different kind of look and finish to the glass. The edges act as a prism that tends to refract light and split it into the different colours of the rainbow .This gives depth and a third dimension to the glass. Beveled glass is usually ¼’’ thick but thicker tempered glass could also be used for beveling.
Post your Requirement
Enquire Now for Tempered Glass
Beveled mirrors are used as accent mirrors and have a continuous slant on all the four sides of the mirror. The sides of the mirror create multiple reflections and dynamic visual effects as the mirror tends to reflect everything that comes its way. It gives an appearance of a framed edge; these frame less mirrors never go out of style and can match with any décor of the room.
Beveled edges are always at an angle to the mirror or glass; they can also be used to finish the sides of table tops. The bevel could be a straight line, circular or oval bevel. The middle portion of glass is thick while the sides are thin, finished, glossy and polished.
Beveled edges can be created in tempered glass making the glass very strong and at the same time give a very sophisticated and luxurious look. Computerized beveling machines are used nowadays but initially beveling was hand crafted. Many pieces of glass are still hand beveled as one cannot match the hand crafted beveling quality with the quality of machine beveling.
Enquire Now for Glass
Advantages of Beveled glass –
- Bevel glass is cut to precision as per the size of the door or window opening. Hence there is greater finesse required in manufacturing beveled glass. This increases the cost of production and makes it more costly than normal float glass.
- The beveled edge refracts light like a prism and creates a very interesting rainbow effect.
- Beveled glass is a safety glass as the edges are polished and one cannot get injured by touching the sides.
Advantages of Beveled mirror-
- Beveled mirrors look very decorative and are mainly used as an accent feature in the room. The edges are set at an angle hence they create different reflections in each direction of whatever lies before them. This gives an illusion of a larger space. The aesthetics and geometry of the entire place changes due to the presence of multiple reflections which creates a feeling of infinity.
- These mirrors do not have to be framed as the beveling on the sides creates a frame in itself. The mirrors are timeless and create a very simple clean and sophisticated look.
- The multiple reflections of beveled mirror makes the room looks very big and bright. In many places beveled mirrors are used to make the dull rooms look bright.
- Beveled mirror also have very smooth edges and are available in various shapes and sizes. When several pieces of mirrors are joined together they create a sense of texture and look like an embellishment.
Enquire Now for UPVC Doors