If you’re in the midst of a renovation or have gotten bored of the current arrangement and craving for a refresh, the first thing that comes to the mind is changing the window treatment. When it comes to window treatments, your alternatives are pretty much a tossup between either blinds or curtains. When you decide to dress your bedroom window up, choosing between blinds and curtains can prove to be a bit tricky. Eventually, it all comes down to the space you want them to grace and the desired purpose of the window covering.
Enquire Now for UPVC Windows
Related Article: Curtains vs. Blinds
Locate : Window Blinds Manufacturers in your Area.
Whether you choose window blinds or curtains, one thing for certain is that it ends up adding a significant value to your abode while also adding character and improving the aesthetics and the ambience by several notches. With a wide gamut of choices available in terms of fabrics, patterns and colours, choosing between the two can often be a dilemma. Let us take a closer look at Blinds Vs Curtains and see which one prevails.
- Although curtains have been around for seemingly ages, they still add a bit of understated charm to any room. Their thick material is ideal for blocking any light and also for maintaining privacy. What more, they are available in a range of colours and styles as well. However, curtains are limited to cloth and its variants and don’t really give much of a choice otherwise. Curtains also tend to look dated after a while.
- Blinds, on the other hand, are available in a bevy of different materials including veneer, plastic, wood, faux wood and fabric to complement and accentuate the décor of any room, especially the bedroom. They tend to lend the room a clean and natural look while also not being too overwhelming to look at. They manage to have a much more stylish, classic look attached to them. Moreover, with Roman blinds, you can even recreate the look of curtains as it helps you to match with other fabrics present in your room while still being able to enjoy the versatility and functionality that blinds bestow upon you. The simplicity of blinds ensures that they can remain in vogue and endure the tests of time.
- Although curtains can be effective at blocking harsh sunlight in summer months while retaining heat in the winter months, they can get a bit overbearing especially in smaller spaces. Moreover, if you draw the curtains, it severely affects the light transmission into the particular room as well.
- Blinds are not only energy efficient but honeycomb blinds also offer the best insulation properties leaving no room for heat to escape. Moreover, blinds such as louvered blinds allow you to control the amount of light you want in your room while also providing adequate privacy as well. Sunscreen roller blinds also provide UV protection and daytime privacy thus serving a dual purpose. Roller shades are also easy-to-install while being perforated thus allowing light to filter through.
- Realated Article : Different Types of Window Shades & Blinds
- Curtains can come in a variety of automated closing mechanism while also being easy to pull and draw. However, they tend to cover a certain part of the window which becomes all the more significant in the case of bedroom windows. Curtains can also increase the risk of build-up of mould or fungi especially during winter months where condensation tends to be an issue.
- Blinds, on the other hand, can simply be titled to allow natural light while maintaining adequate levels of privacy. They also help reduce solar glare while helping improve daylight penetration. Additionally, they tend not to eat up too much space as the slats can be easily pulled all the way up and stacked nicely. Faux wood blinds also result in lesser accumulation of mould as they tend to be water resistant. Roman blinds are highly effective in blocking out light, making them an outstanding alternative for bedrooms. Furthermore, these blinds can also be motorised to ensure easy lifting.
Enquire Now for Solar Panels
- Cleaning curtains can prove to be a real ordeal. If a curtain has developed mould or stains, it mandates a dry clean. Light vacuum only helps in removing dust build up.
- Although blinds are not free from dust accumulation, a simple wipe down with vinegar and water can easily remove dust, grime or any other stains. Moreover, blinds can be cleaned easily in your bath tub or by simply giving it a nice wash outdoors.
- Suggested Article : Window Accessories for your Home