Understand How to use White cement and how it works
While grey cement is ideal for general bricklaying, this product is required for the wall’s surface. It protects the walls from the elements and serves as a smooth base for the paint. The procedure is known as a ‘wash.’ Although it is customary to get your walls lime-washed, using this product mix will provide you with numerous advantages. To begin with, this product wash provides a much better finish, concealing microcracks with a durable, smooth finish. The surface allows the paint to stand out while also safeguarding it from moisture from the walls.
Post your Requirement
Unlike grey mortar, this product requires only water to be added to the mix. The procedure is straightforward and requires little effort. The standard mixture is a 2:1 ratio of water to this product. The two must be thoroughly combined until no lumps remain. The desired consistency is thick and semi-liquid, similar to the feel of the paint. The surface preparation comes next. It must be kept clean by scraping, swabbing, or sweeping; this procedure is critical to ensuring the cement’s adhesiveness.
Related Post: White Cement vs Wall Putty
After that, the walls must be thoroughly soaked in clean water. When the water starts running down the wall, you’ll know it’s ready. Two coats of this mortar wash are typically applied to the surface. This, however, will be done with a one-day gap. You could go one step further and add a third layer for a perfect finish.
Check the White cement uses for correct application
There are several uses of this product that you must know about. Check them below.
- If you are wondering What is white cement used for, you must know that this mortar is combined with ingredients for creating white concrete that can be used in building fame and interior decoration work.
- Since this product is not cost-effective for construction, it is frequently used in the form of precast panels.
- As the cost of producing this product is much higher than that of OPC and PPC, it is not recommended for use in ordinary construction such as concrete structures, mortar, and plaster.
- White cement is used for repairing marble tiles and sheathing walls, floors, and roofs. The product is also mixed with other substrates to make the floor sheathing and wall skirting.
- The sole purpose of this product is to add charm and decoration to the building’s surface areas. This product is also mixed with lime to create a whitewash. The addition of the mortar improves the lime’s adhesive properties.
- If you think How to use white cement for leakage, it is very easy. They can be used as sealants to cover the leaking area and provide an effective solution.
Suggested Post: uses of wall putty
Learn about the different types of this product
Before purchasing this mortar, you should be aware of the various available types on the market. The product is generally classified as Type I, II, III, IV, or V. Types one and three, on the other hand, are the most common. In the concrete industry, Type II is completely irrelevant. Learn more about these types by reading on:
- Type I: Type I mortar is the most widely used wall mortar for its consistent color. They are used to fit marbles, finish tiles, install countertops, and polish them. Despite the fact that they are somewhat expensive, this product is widely popular in the market due to its beneficial nature. They are available in a variety of sizes at all online and offline retailers.
- Type II: Type II mortar is distinct from the other types of mortar. It is sulfate resistant and beneficial only when used on a surface with an average sulfate level. It is, however, completely irrelevant to regular masonry work.
- Type III: This mortar is an important type after type one. This type has a significant advantage over type one in that it bonds faster and has a finer texture. Furthermore, the compressive strength is extremely high. Type III is also widely available in all online retailers. They come in ergonomic packets and are simple to use. The whiteness of the mortar is adequate and enhances the appearance of the applied surface.
- Types IV and V: These two types are widely used in special constructions requiring low hydration or high sulfate resistance. These two types, like type two, are not suitable for regular masonry work.
Shop for this item from McCoy Mart
As you now know, What is the use of white cement, you can purchase according to your need. Get it from McCoy Mart that has a plethora of items and brands on the display. Be it hardware items or other items, and you can get authentic items at affordable prices. You can use the browser or the app to buy the product. Owning a pro account of McCoy Mart can be of great help to you. You can get bulk rebates if you have one.