Anti-fungal and antimicrobial tiles are highly sanitised tiles that are used in places like kitchens, bathrooms, hospitals, laboratories, clinics, swimming pools and other commercial spaces. These tiles play a very important role in making the indoor environment cleaner, hygienic and better.
Antifungal properties are achieved in tiles when a chemical called Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) goes through a process of photo catalysis and forms the top glaze of the tile. This chemical is combined with the glazed layer or the finishing layer of the tile to make it antibacterial.
Enquire Now for Modular Kitchen
Antimicrobial Tile characteristics
The characteristics of anti-fungal tiles are –
- Antimicrobial tiles reduce the possibility of growth of bacteria, algae and fungi. They eliminate the risk of growth of live microbial organisms on the tiles.
- Monsoon increases the indoor dampness and can cause dampness in the tiles. These tiles reduce the foul smell or any kind of foul odour.
- They are easy to clean and maintain.
- The Anti-fungal properties are mixed and incorporated with the glazed finish of the tile and make it a permanent long lasting finish.
- They are also known as antipollution tiles that create a better quality of life.