Pulverized Ash Brick technology is used to manufacture fly ash bricks, it is a process used to convert industrial waste materials into quality building materials. Pulverized coal ash is a residue obtained from the combustion of coal in thermal power plants. The Fly Ash Bricks are made by combining fly ash from the thermal power plants, filler material like coarse sand or stone dust, and an additive which could be lime, gypsum, or cement. It is an alternative to traditional burnt clay bricks with good material strength. The characteristics of Fly ash bricks are –
Post your Requirement
- The bricks are cast by inserting the mixture into brick molds where all the bricks that are cast shall be of uniform shape and size.
- Very less cement mortar is required to join the bricks together because of the uniformity of each brick.
- It is an eco-friendly material as it is made out of waste from thermal power plants. These materials can be cast at the site or at factories and one does not need to waste precious agricultural land for this process.
- It is a lightweight material and hence very good for the construction of walls in multi-storied buildings.
- The manufacturing process requires less energy in comparison to clay bricks.
Suggested Read: Advantages and Disadvantages of Fly ash in Concrete