Just like any other modern convenience, an automatic door has increasingly become a necessity whether it’s at home or on commercial premises. They offer unbeatable convenience and comfort while providing a myriad of benefits for an easier and quick access to private and commercial premises.
Post your Requirement
Automatic doors have its own sets of advantages and disadvantages. Through this article, we are going to cover some of these pros and cons so that you can make an informed decision. Without further ado, here’s the list:
Enquire Now for Automatic Doors
Locate: Automatic Doors Manufacturers & Suppliers in your area
Advantages of Automatic Doors
Here are some of the clear benefits of having automatic doors in place:
- One of the best things about automatic doors is that it comes in an array of different styles, shapes, colours, finishes and designs. This not only lends your residential or commercial premises an eloquent and sophisticated look but also helps enhance its reputation as well. Available in three basic configurations, -swinging, sliding and folding doors, when you choose automatic doors, one thing is for sure, you don’t have to sacrifice form for function. Additionally, they are available in tough, sturdy and durable materials such as aluminium, steel, fibreglass, and timber that enhances or compliments any home or business’s unique style.
- Automatic doors don’t necessitate any human effort or force to perform their operation. It helps do away from the struggle and aggravations when it comes to opening a relatively heavier manual door. Moreover, as their operation doesn’t require the use of hands, they provide unparalleled access for the elderly, handicapped and those with children in tow. Furthermore, they are helpful for people carrying heavy packages, luggage’s or children. Automatic doors grant you the option to open and close the door manually as well.
Safety and Security
- When installed properly installed and inspected on a regular basis, automatic doors tend to provide a safe, convenient environment for everyone. By the virtue of owning an automatic door, you can rest assured that your door is closed properly thus providing protection for your property from potential intruders. This also means that you do not need to have additional locks or security systems in place to keep out or deter burglars and thieves from entering your premises. The gate can also be accessed with the assistance of a code from inside the property or a remote control from the outside. Additionally, automatic doors are manufactured according to the highest standards for quality and safety, ensuring minimal maintenance requirements thus making them incredibly easy to own, use and maintain as well.
- Suggested: Advantages and Disadvantages of uPVC Doors and Windows
Disadvantages of Automatic Doors
Some of the cons of automatic doors are as under
Installation and Maintenance
- The installation process of automatic doors mandates the need of a professional technician in order for it to be accurate and efficient. They also require regular maintenance and check-ups to guarantee proper functioning which also can be expensive. This means that the expenses do not end upon installation. If repairs are required, replacement parts can be costly. Sometimes owing to power failures, electrical gates cease to work causing inconvenience which might require you to physically set the gate to open and close or call in a technician to look at it.
- Automatic doors are definitely more pricey as compared to their manual counterparts. Due to the presence of many automatic features, automatic doors can be expensive to procure and mandates a high budget. Moreover, in the case of repairs, they are comparatively more expensive as compared to traditional doors.
- Automatic doors are more difficult to clean as you need to polish and oil internal parts like springs and bolts to avoid it from rusting. They also require constant services and inspections that all need to be paid for. In the case of metal gates, they might need periodic repainting and maintenance to prevent it rusting. Automatic doors with wooden frames can look washed out and unsightly over time, making them very difficult to take care of.
- Suggested : Top 10 UPVC Window Designs and Styles