Cladding or Brick or Rendering: Which the Best Option for Exterior Walls?
While there was only a limited choice available for enhancing the looking of the exterior walls, now multiple options are available. You can use cladding, bricks, as well as rending for protecting the exterior and adding an aesthetic appeal. With a wide range of choices, choosing the best one that proves to be beneficial in the long run is confusing as well as challenging. Here is a list of the pros and cons of the different techniques that can help you in making the right choice easily. When you are confused between cladding vs. rendering or cladding vs. brick, these points can offer you more clarity.
Post your Requirement
In recent times, cladding has become a popular way to protect the exterior walls and enhance its beauty. It offers an extra protective layer to your building and helps it fight against the adverse external hazards.
Suggested Article: Different Types of Wall Cladding
Pros of Cladding
- Easy Process: Cladding is one of the easiest processes to protect the exterior walls of your building. It will take you much less time to install the cladding in a hassle-free manner.
- Less Maintenance: With cladding, you can save a lot on the maintenance time, efforts, and cost. Even without the need of much maintenance, it can last for long years. A simple wash is sufficient to restore the fresh and new look of your building.
- Attractive Look: A stunning aesthetic appearance is one of the major reasons for the growing popularity of cladding. It can provide an attractive look to your home and increase its overall value.
- Wide Range of Options: Available in different material, size, color, and texture, you get an option to choose from a wide variety of choices. You can choose the preferred style and give your home the desired look.
Cons of Cladding
- Expensive: When it comes to cladding vs. brick in terms of cost, cladding can be an expensive option, depending on the type of material you choose. Even though the upfront cost is high, it can provide benefits in the long run.
- Difficult to Repair: Claddings may be easy to maintain but are difficult to repair. In case of any damage to the cladding, repairing it becomes a difficult task.
Bricks are a timeless choice and a sophisticated way of increasing the safety and beauty of the exterior walls of your home. With an exceptional load-bearing capacity of the bricks, they help in adding more value to your home.
Pros of Brick
- Versatile: Bricks are a versatile option for your exterior walls as they are available in different finishes, textures, and colors. Whether you want the traditional bricks for an elegant look or a sophisticated design for a modern look, you can easily avail of all the options.
- Eco-Friendly: Made up of the natural clay and minerals, using bricks for your exterior walls is an eco-friendly and sustainable choice. It can be easily recycled and helps in lowering the damage to the environment.
- Low Maintenance: Bricks require even lower maintenance as compared to the claddings. They are a maintenance-free solution and can last for about 50 years.
Cons of Brick
- Inadequate Insulation: Bricks are unable to provide adequate insulation to your home as compared to the rendered walls or the cladding. Only with the double brick setups, it is possible to enhance the level of insulation.
- Prone to Damage: As bricks absorb moisture and are porous, they have high chances of getting damaged faster. Mold growth, weather stains, and a dull look are other issues that you may come across when you choose bricks for exterior walls.
Suggested Article :
Brick Cladding Designs for Exterior and Interior Decoration
Rendering is gradually becoming a popular way of giving a new look to the exterior walls of your home. The ability to provide an attractive look at an affordable cost is one of the main reasons for its growing popularity.
Pros of Rendering
- Versatile: When you choose rendered walls for your home, you can avail of a variety of design and color options to choose from. Depending on the texture and finish you want, you can give a fresh look to your home.
- Improves Thermal Protection: Render offers an extra insulation layer to your home. It helps in increasing the overall thermal performance of the building.
- Prevents Dampness: Rendering does not allow water to seep in, thereby preventing the walls from getting damp. By avoiding moisture penetration, it protects the walls from a number of issues.
Cons of Rendering
- Expensive: As compared to cladding and bricks, rendering is very expensive. Moreover, the maintenance, painting, and labor costs will add up to the expenses.
- High Maintenance: Rendered walls can get stained or fade much faster. In order to preserve the look of your exterior walls, you would require high maintenance.
Now that you know all the important factors choosing between cladding vs. rendering or cladding vs. brick becomes easy. Evaluate each of the options from all the important aspects and make the best choice for your home.