When you initially plan to install a window in your house you have many different things in mind like what kind of window you should go for or which material you should use for the windows and once these things are decided then comes one of the most difficult questions which many of us don’t think about and that is how to choose the best glass for your windows, and for that, you must know about the different Glass types and what different characteristics they have. Depending upon the type of properties one is looking for the best and most appropriate type of glass can be chosen.
Post your Requirement
Let’s take a look at the best glass options for windows.
Clear Float Glass or Annealed Glass
- It enables complete light penetration and viewing clarity.
- It is not good for sound and heat insulation.
- When broken, it shall shatter into big sharp pieces of glass which can be dangerous.
Enquire Now for Float Glass
Tinted Glass and Reflective Glass
- Tinted glass is formed when metal oxides are added to glass during production, while reflective glass is formed when a metallic coating is put to glass during manufacturing.
- It allows limited heat insulation
- When broken, it could shatter into big sharp pieces of glass which could create sharp cuts.
Enquire Now for Tinted Glass
- It is stronger and the price is more expensive than annealed glass.
- It is available in clear, reflective, and tinted forms in colors green, grey, bronze, and blue.
- When broken it breaks into small fragments which are harmless as compared to annealed glass.
Enquire Now for Toughened Glass
- Two glass pieces are sandwiched with an intermediate inner layer.
- Several properties can be induced in the glass through the properties of the intermediate layer.
- When broken the glass is still attached to each other hence it is harmless.
- They are available in different colors.
- Good for sound and heat insulation.
Low E Glass
- Low Emissivity Glass has a metallic coating on it which helps in heat reflection hence making it a good material for heat insulation.
- The metallic coating could be on all types of glass and in different colors.
Enquire Now for Glass
- Two glass pieces (annealed or toughened glass) are separated with an air gap to form double glass windows.
- Good in Sound and heat insulation.
- Double Glass window prices are expensive.
Enquire Now for Double Glass UPVC Door