Different Glass types have different characteristics. Depending upon the type of properties one is looking for the best and most appropriate type of glass can be chosen.
Clear Float Glass or Annealed Glass
- It allows 100% penetration of light and clarity in viewing.
- It is not good for sound and heat insulation.
- When broken, it shall shatter into big sharp pieces of glass which can be dangerous.
Enquire Now for Float Glass
Tinted Glass and Reflective Glass
- When metal oxides are added to glass during manufacturing, they form tinted glass and when a metallic coating is applied on glass during manufacture it forms reflective glass.
- It allows limited heat insulation
- When broken, it could shatter into big sharp pieces of glass which could create sharp cuts.
Enquire Now for Tinted Glass
- It is stronger and the price is more expensive than annealed glass.
- It is available in clear, reflective and tinted forms in colors green, grey, bronze and blue.
- When broken it breaks into small fragments which are harmless as compared to annealed glass.
Enquire Now for Toughened Glass
- Two glass pieces are sandwiched with an intermediate inner layer.
- Several properties can be induced in the glass through the properties of the intermediate layer.
- When broken the glass is still attached to each other hence it is harmless.
- They are available in different colors.
- Good for sound and heat insulation.
Low E Glass
- Low Emissivity Glass has a metallic coating on it which helps in heat reflection hence makes it a good material for heat insulation.
- The metallic coating could be on all types of glass and in different colors.
Enquire Now for Glass
- Two glass pieces (annealed or toughened glass) are separated with an air gap to form double glass windows.
- Good in Sound and heat insulation.
- Double Glass window prices are expensive.
Enquire Now for Double Glass UPVC Door