One of the most widely used materials in the architectural industry, Glass plays a pivotal role in controlling heat and the flow of light in and out of the house. Glass should not be an afterthought or just designated as a functional material to let light into a particular area. It can also be used to add a decorative effect, thus rendering itself as one of the most flexible architectural materials in use today. There are numerous types of glass available in the market and it’s thereby important to know the different types of it and when, how and where they are usually used for.
Post your Requirement
Types of Glass
Through this article, we are going to shed some light on nine most popular types of glass used in interior spaces.
- Tinted glass provides additional shading by helping reduce the brightness of light. This glass helps keep out direct sunlight and thereby keeps the room warm and pleasant. Ideal for places with extreme heat conditions, this glass is available in several colours like grey, black, blue, bronze etc. However, tinted glass is not ideal for places where you need light as it blocks out the light almost too much.
Enquire Now for Tinted Glass
- Extremely strong and often used for its safety features, tempered glass is an impact resistant glass which not only absorbs impact but reduces chances of any injury by shattering into small pieces without any dangerous sharp edges. 4-5 times stronger than regular glass, Tempered glass is perfect for protecting you and your family from potential hazards.
Enquire Now for Tempered Glass
- Boasting of superior strength compared to annealed glass, toughened glass is a popular choice for table tops, automobiles, office partitions etc where human safety is an issue. Unlike regular glass which breaks into thousands of shards, this glass breaks into small pieces without sharp edges.
Enquire Now for Toughened Glass
- Stained glass is a form of coloured glass which lets in the right amount of sunlight while ensuring your privacy as well. Widely used for aesthetic purposes on windows of old buildings, this glass helps set your home or office apart from others and are commonly used in churches, museums, and funeral homes.
Enquire Now for Stained Glass
- Suggested Read : What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Stain Glass
Clear Float Glass
Clear Float Glass
- Clear Float glass is known for its superior light transmission while also lending exemplary optical clarity. Used widely in automobiles, table tops, mirrors, window panes and for a wide range of architectural purposes, this glass can be further fabricated into reflective, coated, insulated, laminated, low-E and ceramic decorated glass as well.
Enquire Now for Float glass
- Float glass is used for smaller windows in domestic housing.
- Best known for keeping out noise, laminated glass is also known as bulletproof glass and is made up by bonding together two or more sheets of glass thus helping provide the highest degree of protection. These glass are often used for VVIP purposes owing to their toughness. It can also withstand heavy explosions and stop burglars from entering the house.
- Float glass is used for large windows in domestic housing.
Enquire Now for laminated Glass
- Insulated glass is perfect for cold regions where heat needs to be retained. Consisting of two or more tightly bonded and sealed sheets separated by only a few mm of dry air, insulated glass is the best choice in terms of energy efficiency and helps keep the house warmer in winter and cooler during hot summers. It also provides adequate sound insulation as well.
Enquire Now for Insulated Glass
Double Glazing Glass
- Because of its high thermal performance, double glazed glass offers a brilliant option to increase your comfort and save energy year round the year. Consisting of two sandwiched layers of glass with a layer of gas in between, it has the ability to reflect away the infrared heat during summer while retaining the heat during winters which helps keep your home cool.
- Frosted glass is often chemically treated by sandblasting it to create unique designs or patterns which are slightly opaque and thus helps in maintaining privacy. Often used in the bathroom, glass partitions or walls, this glass is easy to maintain as it prevents the dust from sticking onto its surface.
- Frosted Glass doors are used for bathrooms in houses.
Aluminium sliding window handle offered by McCoy Mart in India. Get Best Price, Latest Reviews & Ratings about Window Handle online