When narrowing down on a new or replacement door, one of the first things to decide is the material to be used. Determining which medium to use and the debate on which material is seemingly better is never ending. It just depends on the job at hand as all three have different set of benefits that one needs to take into consideration. Ultimately, it boils down to your personal tastes and budget. Whether it’s uPVC doors vs wooden doors or wooden doors vs aluminium doors, through this article, we weigh up some of the pros and cons of using either uPVC, wood and aluminium and thereby help you make an informed decision.
Post your Requirement
Suggested: Top UPVC Doors Designs
A firm favourite, uPVC has seen a rapid rise in popularity in the Indian building industry as the go-to material for doors. Many people have been opting for uPVC as the default option today as it not only looks good but also acts a great thermal insulator while being incredibly easy to maintain as well. Moreover, the energy rating when using uPVC is extremely advantageous and with the growing focus on energy efficient performance in homes and buildings, using uPVC bodes well. No wonder it’s the material of choice for many homeowners across the country.
Enquire Now for UPVC Doors
Pros of uPVC Doors:
- uPVC has excellent insulation properties resulting in high energy efficiency.
- uPVC is cheaper than aluminium or timber.
- uPVC doors are available in several attractive designs.
- uPVC is maintenance free and not prone to rust or corrosion.
Cons of uPVC Doors:
- uPVC is possibly the weakest of the three and mandates the need for a sturdier and thicker frame. Additionally, the frames may potentially degrade over many years.
- Predominantly available only in white, uPVC doors need to be painted for it to be customized thus driving up the costs.
Locate Upvc Door Manufacturers in your area
Extremely popular, Aluminium is the ideal material for doors and isn’t just restricted to commercial usage. Thanks to its sleek design and contemporary look, more and more homeowners are choosing Aluminium to give their homes an overhaul. Moreover, they are designed to stand the tests of time and are also available in a wide array of colors and sizes.
Enquire Now for Aluminium Doors
Related: Comparison of Door Materials
Pros of Aluminium Doors:
- Aluminium is the strongest of the three materials and is virtually maintenance free.
- Aluminium doors are highly customizable and have an endless variety of custom colors.
- Typically powder coated or anodized, Aluminium will not rot or discolor quickly.
Cons of Aluminium Doors:
- Aluminium is the best conductor of heat and hence not as insulating. They are dependent on the glazing selected.
- Aluminium is far more expensive to manufacture than uPVC.
- May require periodic maintenance over long periods of usage.
Locate Aluminium Door Manufacturers in your area.
Wooden doors make a timeless addition to any house with its perfect blend of utility and class. A simple yet elegant and refined design, Wooden doors marries traditional charm with warmth and beauty and are guaranteed to add a bit of rustic flavor and distinctive style to your den. However, wooden doors are by far the most expensive of the three and need timely maintenance as well.
Enquire Now for Wooden Doors
Pros of Wooden Doors
- Wooden Doors are very attractive and are aesthetically pleasing.
- Wood is naturally a very good insulator of heat.
- Wooden doors are energy efficient.
- Wooden doors can be customized and come in a variety of finishes.
- Wooden windows do not rust / corrode over time.
Cons of Wooden Doors
- Wooden doors mandate regular maintenance and need regular painting and polishing.
- Wood is more expensive than aluminium especially after glazing and painting to ensure it lasts.
- Wooden doors can catch fire easily.
- Wood is a poor conductor of heat.
Locate Wooden Door Manufacturers in your area.