Just like a human body consists of joints, a building also consists of hinges, which holds it’s doors and windows together as a whole. The central axis rotational movement of the hook ensures that the doors, windows, cabinets, and gates can be opened and closed at ease. So, no matter what is the type of your building, or what quality materials you put in, the lack of quality hinges can ruin the game.
Post your Requirement
Gone are the days when they were only of a single type and had nothing much in them to show off. Contrary to it, they play an important role, especially when it comes to interior designing because – every detail matters. However, unlike the time when it’s options were limited, now you get the chance to choose from the variety.
5 Factors to Consider While Choosing a Hinge:
here are certain factors that you must consider while you are selecting hinges for your purpose. They are:
- Consider the look of the material and its color.
- Check whether it goes with the interior type of your place.
- Know whether it is resistant to fire and corrosion.
- Test it’s the angle of rotation and check for flexibility.
- Check whether or not it comes with a specified warranty period.
Hinges: Application & Uses
Presently, there is quite a lot of variety when it comes to hinges, but their usage is primarily limited to windows and doors. So, before you drop in and choose any of those, let us explore its types.
Your windows do not come forward and go backward just like that; the window straps work to make it happen. Without it, your window will never be able to hold on to its frame and might merely fall apart. Some of the most popular types that you commonly get to see are Butt and Piano.
Buy Now Window Hinges
What Are the Most Commonly Used Hinges?
1. Butt Hinges: These are one of the most commonly used in the industry and comes with diverse usages from doors to windows and even cabinets. Often they are also referred to as mortise ones, and they are mortised into the frames for application. Coming to its material, they are usually made of steel because of the significant indoor usage. Still, if you are choosing it for an outdoor purpose, we suggest you check the material to avoid any corrosion and have a coating of stainless steel on it.
Advantage of Butt Hinges: Can withstand the weight of the heavy metal windows and can hold ball bearings as well, which makes it a convenient option.
2. Piano Hinges: It is one of the classic interior hinges that one can use for fixing the furniture and the cabinets at style. These are usually cranked or straight and are thus ideal to be installed in modular kitchens and drawing spaces for exquisite decors. Running across the line, the particular lining consists of many continuous holes for you to showcase the antiques and hangings. They usually come in a brass-coating and give a subtle hint of elegance to the whole interior.
Advantage of Piano Hinges: Being a durable option, piano ones can distribute the weight of the window uniformly and thus do not lead to cracks and damages.
Buy Now Piano Hinges
Just like window joints, these apply to doors and help your doors to hang on straight, and hold on to the door frame. However, just like there are a variety of door styles, there is quite some variety in it too. Apart from holding on to the door weight, they add a lot of character to its outlook and increase the durability as well.
Buy Now Door Hinges
What are the Different Types of Door Hinges?
1. UPVC Door Hinges: UPVC Door hinges have a stylistic look to it and come with a leaf attached to it that makes the holes almost invisible. They are generally classified into four types – Flag, Butt, Rebate, and Composite Door Hinges, which ensures that you do not need to put any effort while opening the door or closing it. Besides looking aesthetic, these door joints are cost-effective too and highly durable also.
Advantage of UPVC Door Hinges: They are quite easy to operate, and comes with a long shelf life, which makes it worth an investment.
Buy Now UPVC Door Hinges
2.Glass Door Hinges: One certainly does not want the hinges to peep out of the finely furnished glass doors, and thus, these exquisitely designed glass door ones come to the rescue. They are lined up against the glass door frame and often remain covered with its leaf, which keeps its holes hidden. Though they might look small in size, they can hold on to heavy weighed doors and are thus majorly used for commercial purposes.
Advantages of Glass Door Hinges: Apart from possessing an inviting look, the ones for the glass doors are incredibly durable too, and cleaning them is easy as well.
Buy Now Glass Door Hinges
3.Cabinet Hinges: Door cabinets and drawers are essential interior objects as they do not only give a complete look to the place but also allow room for space. Thus, the cabinet joints are of great importance. Wrap-around, surface mount, inset, and overlay ones are a variety of cabinet hinges that ideally goes with different cabinet designs and gives them a specific character and depth.
Advantages of Cabinet Hinges: Cabinet ones do not only extend the life of your cabinets but also allows you to open and close the cabinets at ease.
Buy Now Cabinet Hinges
We hope that these details help you choose the right hinges for your space. So, go ahead and select the best of the lot for your home and office needs.