Windows constitute an integral part of your décor, be it your home or office, as it works both as an aesthetics feature as well as a weather barrier protecting you and your house from the elements of nature. The right window can add value to your property while also helping reduce your energy consumption as well. Windows come in a number of different forms, shapes, and sizes but narrowing down on the right framing material is as important a decision as choosing the right glass and one you shouldn’t take lightly. Generally speaking, windows are built either from uPVC, wood or aluminium. Each material has its own set of pros and cons but in the end, it all depends on which suits you the best. Let’s us shed some light on all three options and scrutinize them in closer detail.
Aluminum windows are extremely durable and known for its strength. They are also lightweight and are available in a bevy of sizes and types. Aluminium can be fabricated to meet many architectural specifications that other materials cannot match. Additionally, they are highly customizable and can be powder coated in a wide array of colors as well to match any décor. They also require less maintenance and if you take good care of them, they can last for decades.
Enquire Now for Aluminum Windows
Aluminium Windows Pros
- Lightweight, sleek, easy to clean and economical.
- Far more environmentally friendly than uPVC and wood.
- Impervious to denting and weathering.
Aluminium Windows Cons
- Aluminium is a great conductor of heat and thus provides poor thermal insulation and high thermal conductivity.
- Requires maintenance if anodization wears out.
- Aluminium is prone to oxidation and susceptible to corrosion especially if you live near coastal environments.
Locate Aluminium Window Manufacturers in your area
An inexpensive sort of white plastic, uPVC is widely found in white window frames across the country. uPVC mandates less maintenance owing to its pristine appearance and negates the need for periodical paint work or lubrication. Just wipe down with a cloth dipped in any detergent and your window will be kept as new as ever. uPVC windows also offer excellent insulation and tend to cost far less than aluminium or wood. uPVC windows come with a very high-quality surface finish and fit seamlessly with contemporary, modern interiors as well. When it comes to pricing, uPVC is the cheapest material as compared to aluminium or wood.
Enquire Now for UPVC Windows
uPVC Windows Pros
- Virtually maintenance free and easy to clean
- The extremely thermally efficient material provides your home with greater heat insulation as compared to aluminium and wooden windows.
- UPVC windows have UV resistant blend and do not fade under sustained exposure to the sun.
Doesn’t Rot, Corrode or Rust.
uPVC Windows Cons
- Resale value of the property doesn’t get a boost as compared to wooden and aluminium fittings.
- Significantly weaker than other materials.
Locate UPVC Window Manufacturers in your area
Wooden windows are still popular as they are more versatile than aluminium and uPVC windows. People have been using wooden doors and windows for centuries as it’s a natural readily available material while also lending your house interiors a refined, tasteful and sophisticated look as compared to its peers. By combining simplicity with functionality, wooden windows help add a glamorous touch to your decor and help bring a particular wall or a dull corner to life.
Enquire Now for Wooden Windows
Wooden Windows Pros
- Wooden windows are highly energy efficient and durable. They do not corrode or rust over as time passes by.
- Wooden windows can be customized in any size or color to match the décor of your house.
- Wood is a poor conductor of heat; hence wooden windows and wooden doors conserve more energy than aluminium windows and doors.
- Wooden windows, if maintained well, can help boost the value of any property they’re installed into and they’ll last a great deal longer.
Wooden Windows Cons
- Requires regular painting and polishing.
- Wooden windows are expensive, more so than aluminium or vinyl.
- Wooden windows are prone to termites.
Shop Now: Aluminium Window Handles