Wall cladding is mainly used for protection of the wall and imparting good aesthetics to it. Wall cladding is common in both residential and commercial properties. There are many kinds of wall cladding materials available in the market for interior, exterior and bathroom wall cladding. PVC panel is one such type of wall cladding. The pvc wall panels are available in a plethora of designs and are easy to install. They are used as wall claddings in both homes and commercial properties such as offices and retail stores.
PVC Wall Panel Construction
PVC stands for polyvinyl chloride and more than 50% of the world's output of PVC is used in the construction sector. The PVC panels used for pvc wall cladding are made of rigid polyvinyl chloride which also has a small amount of plasticizer. A PVC panel is light in weight and has a hollow core. The surface of the panel is smooth and has a decorative design. It also has a tongue and groove system for easy installation. PVC panel was first made in Belgium in the 1970s to serve as an interior wall finish.
PVC Wall Panel Designs
PVC wall panels are available in a multitude of creative designs. The pvc wall panel design is usually decorative or with a wooden finish to resemble natural wood. The PVC panel can also be of a frosty white colour which can be painted over with any colour of one's choice. 3D PVC panels also make for attractive pvc wall design. 3D panels imparts an ultra-modern apperance to the wall and improves the ambiance of the room.
In case of damp walls, pvc wall cladding sheets can be used for cladding. PVC wall sheets are available in white colour. However, a number of pvc wall sheets designs can be created by adding various colours to the sheets.
Types of Cladding
PVC panels can be used for external wall cladding. They provide an extra layer of protection to the walls against rain, snow, hail, sunlight and other weather elements. The panels also provide insulation to the house and limits the intensity of external sounds breaching the walls. Decorative designs of the panels also improve the architectural features of the house.
PVC wall panels brighten up the interior decor of the house. Internal wall cladding by PVC panels impart a sophisticated and clean look to the internal walls. The panels also provide insulation to the rooms and keep an optimum temperature. Examples of internal PVC panels include pvc wall panels for bedroom, pvc wall panels for living room and pvc wall panels for bathroom.
PVC Wall Panels Price List
|Types of PVC Wall Panels
|Modern Clean Room Wall Panels, Thickness: 40 - 100 mm
||Rs 2,100/Square Meter
|Mitaso Wall Cladding PUF Panel
||Rs 79/Square Feet
|PVC Wall Panel for Residential
||Rs 70/Square Feet
|PVC Rectangle Wall Panel, Thickness: 8 mm
|PVC Wall Panel
||Rs 150/Square Feet
|PVC Wall Rectangle Panel, Size: 2.5 x 2.5 feet
|Beige Color PVC Wall Panel, Thickness: 10-25 mm
||Rs 75/Square Feet
There are many companies offering high quality pvc panels in India. There are multiple factors affecting pvc wall panels price in india such as the type of design i.e. decorative, printed, wooden appareance, plain or 3D, the size of the panels and other beneficial features incorporated into the panels. Imported pvc wall panel prices are more expensive than other kinds of pvc panels.
The pvc wall panels price in online stores are displayed on per square foot, per foot, per piece or per sheet basis. Technical specifications of every type of PVC panel are clearly mentioned on the websites.
One can compare pvc wall panels price lists of various online stores before deciding to purchase a specific type of panel. PVC panels of correct length and thickness in accordance with correct measurements of the walls must be selected.
PVC Wall Panel Advantages
There are mutliple advantages of using pvc wall boards for interior and external wall cladding. Some of them have been mentioned here.
- PVC is an environment friendly material and is also used to manufacture food packages, medical equipments and tubes. Hence, pvc wall panels do not harm the environment and are ideal for hospitals, schools and sporting arenas.
- PVC panels are highly resistant against moisture. The panels also prevent the growth of bacteria and moulds on the surface because there are no pores. Thus, PVC panels are suitable to clad bathroom and kitchen walls apart from other rooms of the house.
- PVC wall panels for exterior walls are resistant against the UV rays of the sun. Thus, they don't fade away easily due to sunlight. Rust resistance is another beneficial property of external pvc wall cladding.
- PVC panels do not burn easily because the ignition temperature is 370 C degrees. Even if the PVC panels catch fire, they emit two times lesser smoke as compared to fiberboard and chipboard. The products of combustion of PVC are also less toxic in nature.
- PVC panels are clean and hygienic because there are no cracks or pores on the smooth surface of the panels where dirt and bacteria can lodge.
- PVC panels can be easily cut into desired size and can be easily installed without grouting. There is no need of leveling the surface before installing the panels. Easy installation method means that the person can install the panel without requiring the help of a fitter. A damaged panel can also be replaced without difficulty.
- PVC panels provide good insulation. High quality PVC panels have the same insulating value as that of house bricks and can tolerate temperatures upto 80 Celsius.
- PVC panels can be used to clad the walls of many types of buildings such as private homes, laboratories, hospitals, food processing plants, offices, hotels, shops, etc.
- PVC panels are recyclable and the damaged and old panels can be taken to a plastic recycling facility.
- PVC panels come in a wide array of colours, designs and shapes. Hence, there are no dearth of options when it comes to decorative finishes for walls using pvc wall cladding. No extra finishing using paint, varnish or lacquer is required after installation of the panels.
- PVC wall panels are resistant against general wear and tear. However, the surface needs to be protected against scratches by sharp objects.
- PVC wall panels do not require much maintenance. The panels can be simply wiped with a damp cloth. A small amount of detergent can be used but abrasive and chlorinated chemicals must be avoided.
- PVC walls panels have a long life because of high durability.